8:29 PM
Beautiful morning at the d'Orsay Museum! So much art, in so many different formats and styles! So much to take in! Walking and walking up and down stairs took it's toll, though. By 11:45, my joints were aching pretty bad. Rick and I had seen most of what we had gone to see, so we headed to the restaurant to get a table for 3. We had parted from Ann shortly after arriving. Our lunches were unique, but delicious all the same.
After lunch, Ann forged ahead on her museum tour, while Rick walked me home. Ann showed up at around 6:00 and had made it to L'Orangerie to see the water lily paintings of Monet and the Louvre where she spent time with Winged Victory. A French armpit threatened to get the best of her, but she held fast, stood her ground and stayed put.
I've been resting all afternoon. The weather is changing over to rain for the next few days. This could be causing my joint aches. Or it is just the mileage I'm putting on that I am unused to. Either way, walking was slow & sloppy today.
I am sitting alone in the living room listening to music from Hildegard of Bingen. Ann is resting in her room and Rick has gone for a walk. It is 8:15pm here and still light out. Tomorrow is as yet unplanned. We may go to Versailles or Giverny. We may visit more museums here in Paris and do a little shopping. Friday, we plan to watch Wills & Kate get married, then head out to Chartres (about an hour from here) tour the church and walk the labyrinth. Then, we return to Minnesota on Saturday afternoon. :-( I mean: we return to MINNESOTA!!! =}
No comments:
Post a Comment