 |
Double Rainbow over Ida
Photo by Sue Anderson, summer of 2004 |
I arrived at Far, Far Away today and my shoulders came down about 3 inches I think. There's a lot to do here before we move in permanently, but boy, am I ready.
There are about a dozen boxes waiting for me in the garage that need unpacking, sorting and putting away. I can't wait to tackle that project tomorrow! The bookshelves in my office are 90% full, but are such a jumbled chaos that it takes me forever to find something, much less know what I've got. Putting that in order may be an evening project with a glass (bottle) of wine or two. It's like getting reacquainted with all my friends again. There's Etty, Hildegard, Joan, Edwina, Henri, and the Bibles and the Hymnals and The Chicago Manual of Style. And let's not forget the front entry way shelves. Books?
Objet d'Art? What should it be? I'll discern that as I move along on the other projects.


Here's a "before" picture of our office in a great jumble of books and papers and projects. Two chairs sit at the desk. There used to be a dog bed under there, too! Dexter prefers the floor
behind the chairs so we roll over him when either one of us backs up. Some of the books in here will go to the bookshelves in the entry way (seen here, too). It will be interesting to see what transpires in these spaces over the next 48 hours. Yes! That's all I've got this weekend! So I develop my first-things-first list and get going. But first (hahahaha), a glass of wine a some time on the dock. It's 7:45pm. Do you know where the bass are bitin'?
A shiver when up and down my spine, up into my shoulders and down again when you mentioned your shoulders dropping. I used to get a massage for what I called an 'ear-ectomy': having my shoulders removed from my ears, haha!
ReplyDelete