Here are some photos:
In the process of getting a job done, one must start somewhere. So I started with what was right on front of me: two shelves in need of sorting out! Piles on the floor, piles on the desk, piles on the dining room table. The first 2 hours were sorting, throwing and putting away. Most of it was thrown out.
Next came the books. Oy! The books. All of Bill's business books are gone (ca . 1975-1990) and on their way to 1/2 Price Books. Some of my books found their way to the one box and three grocery bags of books heading out.
How much into the future do we think it will be when books and book shelves will no longer be necessary? I already use Amazon's Kindle, and iPad's iBook to read a number of books for business and pleasure. (And why do we say that as though the two are mutually exclusive?)
My chair is on the left and so this is pretty much my view. Above my head are my Bibles and some of my hymnals (not yet unpacked), my Mystics, and my holocaust books---most especially Etty Hillesum. Is it wrong to put Luther's works near Edwina Gateley? Edwina would giggle. I'm not sure Martin would. I also have him in the mystics section but perhaps he would prefer the theology section. Oh well. It's all mystery to me.
Soon I have to bid farewell to this retreat for the soul and return to my home of nearly 20 years (!). I shall return here again very soon --- and someday for the rest of my days. What great works will come of this? We shall see. We shall see.
Gotta run!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment