Friday, February 19, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

It's weird to look outside and see snow. Lots of snow. Lots and lots of snow. The days have been sunny and clear here in St Paul yesterday and today. Temps in the 20s I think. But it's weird to see snow. I came downstairs yesterday morning for coffee and when I looked out the window I was actually surprised to see white outside on the ground! I think I was expecting green: grass, trees, shrubbery. Snow. Deep snow. Clean, white snow. But snow. Oh, well. 'Tis Minne-snow-ta afterall.

My step-daughter is not recuperating well from her tonsilectomy and deviated septum repair. She has a bad cough and is still in quite a bit of pain. She's not sleeping well, either. Surgery was 8 days ago. She's been back to see the doctor(s) -- twice. Rick is over there today and tonight to help her fiance with the nurse duties.

It's nice to be home in our own bed, with our own food and with our own remote controls. The Olympics in Vancouver are amazing! I have enjoyed sneaking peeks at the Curling round robbins. I enjoy watching the strategy of that game. The figure skating hasn't captured me yet, but I have been amazed at the spills and thrills on the skiing and snowboarding hills! To see so many athletes fall so much on their runs is tough to watch. (Why is it humans always push the envelope to gain more speed?) Tonight, I intend to pour myself some Domain Chandon sparkling wine and munch some popcorn (popped in a popper with real oil!!) and watch the Olympics.

Oh! And we were on Wheel of Fortune this week! Well, actually, we were in the audience and had about 3 seconds of air time as the camera swooped over us. It was on February 15 in their current Las Vegas series. We were in the shot after Pat & Vanna said "buh-bye." Kinda cool. We'd do that again, too. But maybe Hawaii next time??

Have a great weekend! I am in St Paul for a while now. I leave again on the 28th of February for Phoenix, AZ for our Sale Conference. Rick and I will both be there, and staying through the 8th of March. More sun. Yay! Good for the skin on my feet and hands. It's nice to be able to walk a ways again!

No comments:

Post a Comment