New venue since Saturday: Seven Stars Resort on Grace Bay. I have to admit: I am not that impressed. The accommodations are gorgeous (and I mean drop-dead beautiful). Somewhere, somehow there is a disconnect between what we read they provide and what they actually provide. There appears to be one place to eat (the pool bar) though all the info says there are 3 restaurants/cafes. Yesterday morning, we waited 20 minutes for a cup of coffee and someone to take our breakfast order. There are fewer than 20 tables at the pool bar, so we don't think they were too busy as some of the tables were empty! We finally left and drove to the Bay Bistro at Sibonne for breakfast where we had excellent service (coffee within 3 minutes of sitting down) and excellent food (french toast for me, eggs & bacon for Rick). We're trying to get the hang of this resort, but it's quite confusing.
This morning, we had better luck with food and service here at 7 Stars. Rick had the Continential Buffet and I had poached eggs with ham. We were in and out of the breakfast area by 10:00. The weather has been cloudy for two days. The pool area's fountain is less than 30 feet from our balcony so it always sounds like it's raining outside. We have an ocean-view room and we are just at tree-top level so, yes. We can see the ocean between the palm fronds.
No. No. No. I am NOT complaining! I could be in 3 feet of snow in Minnesota right now! Instead I am sitting on our balcony in my swimsuit and cover-up, writing in my blog and drinking a lovely cup of Turks & Caicos coffee with French Vanilla Creamer. The King-sized bed is too comfortable to get out of in the morning. The shower is incredibly roomy and the soaking tub is an awesome 24" deep and 6+feet long. There is a two-burner stove top, small frig and cooking gear (if we wanted to cook). The balcony has a table for 2 and a comfy-enough chaise lounge. Rick took some photos yesterday that I will post up to Image Event later today. The beach is, after all, GRACE BAY and feels like powdered sugar under our feet. Tonight we may be headed back to Coco Bistro for dinner. Or Coyaba or Mango Reef or Parallel 23 at The Palms. It's my day to choose.
Well, the sun is starting to peek out from behind the clouds. I suppose I should join Rick by the pool for some Vitamin D. Maybe we will sit on the beach under an umbrella and sip Rum Punch until lunch time!

No comments:
Post a Comment